Here you will find a number of tips & tricks to improve your search results.
relates only to names/titles of grants in the database – it is NOT a full-text search!
NO combinations (e.g. word1 and/or word2) are possible,
the search is not case-sensitive!
- only enter parts of the name or parts of words – be careful about singular/plural
- try different ways of spelling and different words
- A search for grant-awarding authorities is useless in most cases as these often do not feature in the name of the grant.
- If a specific field of study is not listed in the drop-down list, it is sometimes useful to search for part of the name of the – often interdisciplinary – special field, e.g. energy, nano, environment, tourism or climate.
- If you are looking for the “Paul-Urban-Foundation….” just search for “urban” since by searching for “paul urban” (without hyphen!) the entry will not be found.
- Typing in “fin” will yield both “…Finland…” and “…Finnish…”.
- Use different words – e.g. ‘communic’ and ‘journal’ for Communication Studies/Journalism.
Country of origin can mean your nationality – but also your place of residence or study.
If you are studying in Austria, select once your nationality and in a second search your place of residence ‘Austria”.
|Undergraduates||Students in bachelor programmes|
|Graduates||Students in master or diploma programmes|
|Postgraduates||Students in doctoral programmes|
|PhD holders, Postdocs||Researchers after PhD programmes|
|Researchers||Researchers regardless of PhD programmes|
|Companies / Scientific institutions||support for companies or scientific institutions (only institutional support)|
If you select a superordinate term it will also include all subordinate ones.
The following areas are available for selection:
1 Natural Sciences
102 Computer Sciences
103 Physics, Astronomy
107 Other and Interdisciplinary Natural Sciences
2 Technical Sciences
201 Construction Engineering (incl. Architecture, Transportation)
202 Electrical Engineering, Electronics, Information Engineering
203 Mechanical Engineering
204 Chemical Process Engineering
205 Materials Engineering
206 Medical Engineering
207 Environmental Engineering, Applied Geosciences (incl. Mining)
208 Environmental Biotechnology
209 Industrial Biotechnology
211 Other and Interdisciplinary Technical Sciences (incl. Metallurgy)
3 Human Medicine, Health Sciences
301 Medical-Theoretical Sciences, Pharmacy
302 Clinical Medicine
303 Health Sciences (incl. Nutritional Sciences, Hygiene)
304 Medical Biotechnology
305 Other and Interdisciplinary Human Medicine, Health Sciences
4 Agricultural Sciences
401 Agriculture and Forestry, Fishery
402 Animal Breeding, Animal Production
403 Veterinary Medicine
404 Agricultural Biotechnology, Food Biotechnology
405 Other and Interdisciplinary Agricultural Sciences
5 Social Sciences
503 Educational Sciences
506 Political Science
507 Human Geography, Regional Geography, Regional Planning
508 Media and Communication Sciences
509 Other and Interdisciplinary Social Sciences
601 History, Archaeology
602 Linguistics and Literature
603 Philosophy, Ethics, Religion
604 Arts (incl. Art History)
605 Other and Interdisciplinary Humanities
The struture of the areas is based on the Austrian Systematic of Science Branches, as of October 2013, © Statistik Austria.
In case you have not found any suitable grant at grants.at – here you can find other grants databases.